Choose the type, level, urgency, and length to start off.
Good Essay Topics: Inspire Your Inner Writer
First of all, your motivation as a writer is influenced by the essay topic you choose. So the general grade for the paper might be different depending on that. Here is a list which contains examples of good essay topics. The writers of our service have been working in the sphere for quite some time, so they have no problems with amazing essay topic ideas! Whether you need an essay for middle school, high school, college or university - feel free to use our service.
How to choose an essay topic when there are so many of essay types?
You have to be very careful when selecting an essay topic. Sometimes it only looks easy, but a lot of students forget about the type of academic writing they must stick to. There are several essay types, and sometimes the topic itself is as important as the type of the essay you are assigned. The way you formulate your argument heavily depends on the essay type. We hope this article will help anyone who doesn't know how to pick an essay topic. It will also show how different styles influence the topic selecting process.
Essay topics by type
As we have already said, there are plenty of essay types, so be prepared to know more about particular features of each one. The structure can also differ, but that is a separate question to discuss. We've put a short description of each type so that you could use it when choosing the topic.
Good argumentative essay topics
This type of essay requires in-depth investigation of a subject. That includes collecting enough evidence with their further evaluation and forming a succinct viewpoint on the issue. You might have heard similar things about expository essays, but the latter involves much less research, and they are considerably shorter. Writing an argumentative paper, you will have to plunge deeply into previously released materials and literature sources. To sum it up, the main features of this essay are a clear thesis statement, logical structure paragraph structure, substantial evidence, and conclusion with some research prospects on the matter. Now, let's look at some good topics for an argumentative essay.
- Does Internet make people addicted to it?
- Should parents influence the profession choice of their children?
- Should children be paid for performing their household chores?
- Is it acceptable to use kids in commercials?
- Will gun control prevent school shootings?
Persuasive essay topics
A persuasive essay has to convince the reader of a specific idea or point of view which you consider to be the right one. Writing it, make sure that all your sentences, as well as the thesis statement, have a strong argument and contain clearly constructed thoughts and ideas. It is not recommended to use phrases which might include vague definitions or controversial concepts. Before you start working on the text, research your topic because to convince people of something you must sound assertive. Of course, your point of view matters, but it is not quite enough - you need solid arguments to back it up. Let's take a look at some examples of interesting persuasive essay topics to have a better idea of how they look like.
- Did we become too dependent on technology?
- Why making selfies can help increase your self-confidence.
- Should women always wear makeup?
- How dress code can demoralize employees.
- Working online creates social isolation.
Compare and contrast essay topics
These compare differences and similarities of two distinct things which are different enough to be analyzed. A high-grade essay of such a type will have a meaningful analysis of the similar and different features and a conclusion. Before you start, make sure the two objects can be compared in such a way, and this essay would make sense. After you've made your choice, start researching and brainstorming your ideas. Structure your essay correctly as your task is to compare and contrast each element you are pointing out. And don't forget to check your teacher's recommendations. Here are five cool topics for a compare and contrast essay!
- What are the main differences between management and leadership?
- Traditional learning vs blended learning.
- Classical and modern cinema portrayals of Sherlock Holmes.
- Ancient period vs Renaissance. Are there more similarities than differences?
- David Bowie's original "Man Who Sold the World." vs the cover by Nirvana.
Cause and effect essay topics
In case you are given a task to write a cause and effect essay, you are to examine some event or a particular situation and determine the connection between the things which caused this situation and effects the case had or might have. But make sure to pay equal attention discussing both aspects - causes and effects. Some cause and effect essay ideas which might help you:
- What causes people to eat junk food?
- What are the main reasons people stay single?
- What causes stereotypes to appear?
- How politics affects people's lives.
- How music affects the human brain.
Narrative essay topics
Narrative essay is a bit different from other types. Here you should tell a story which illustrates a period or event in your life which are either meaningful to you or significantly influenced your life choices, etc. Such a piece of work should have some emotional impact on your readers. Hence, the topic you choose plays a vital role. Think twice before making the final decision and try to recapture all the pivotal moments of your life. Here are five good narrative essay topics to give you an overall idea.
- The most memorable day of your life.
- Valuable life lessons you learned
- One day that has changed the course of your life
- The role of rejection experience in your life
- Who you wanted to become when you were a kid and why.
Informative essay topics
The purpose of this type of essay is to educate people. To convey the information of your essay in a clear and understandable manner, you have to know a lot about your topic. To succeed with this type of essay one has to make sure there will be enough information for readers about what you want to discuss. These are just a few examples of topics for an informative essay to help you out.
- How to get a dream job.
- Ancient civilizations throughout the history.
- What racism is and how to deal with it.
- The challenges humanity faces today.
- How global economy affects developing countries.
Expository essay topics
When your teacher wants you to write an expository essay, your task is to tell, explain, define, inform or clarify a particular fact, thing or object or their elements. Before writing, think carefully about the topic and the purpose of your paper. Then choose your target audience. Those factors will influence your work the most. Brainstorm ideas, look for credible sources and start making notes. As soon as you've done with that, start writing the first draft and thesis statement. Here are some topics for an expository essay you can use as an example.
- How to lead a healthy lifestyle working in the office.
- How we can prevent child suicides.
- Homeschooling. How it works.
- How to choose a suitable college.
- The way we can help homeless every day.
Essay topics by subject
Here are some ideas for students looking for essay topics by subject.
Philosophy essay topics
- Wisdom: A prerogative of the old?
- Karma is nothing more than a coincidence.
- The evil exists because there is no God.
Psychology essay topics
- Children always copy their parents. How to use it.
- Bullying and its consequences in adult life.
- Psychology and language acquisition.
Sociology essay topics
- Discrimination: Then and now.
- Mass media and propaganda - The connection.
- Your private life is a myth.
US history essay topics
- Native Americans and their history.
- Great women in the US history.
- The most remarkable figure in the US history.
Economics essay topics
- Economic consequences of immigration.
- New trends in digital marketing.
- The next massive collapse of the economy. What we need to know.
Essay topics by other sub-categories
Hamlet essay topics
- The theme of suicide in Hamlet.
- Relations between Hamlet and female characters.
- The roles of Ghost, revenge and mystic in Hamlet.
Social issues essay topics
- Online religious services. For or Against?
- Should single people be allowed to adopt children?
- How problems at work affect family life.
Frankenstein essay topics
- Symbolism in the novel.
- Stepping over morality for the sake of progress: Is it justified?
- Who is responsible for the monster's actions?
1984 essay topics
- "Big Brother is watching you." Describe a psychological effect this phrase has on you.
- Compare totalitarian control methods in the novel and real life.
- Discuss the motif of "urban decay" in the novel.
In case you still experience difficulties choosing and writing essays and have no time to think over all the peculiar features, we offer you an excellent opportunity to order your essay from us! Our professional writing team will assist you with any essay type and any topic. Feel free to check out our writing service, and don't forget to use our exclusive discount!back to all posts