Choose the type, level, urgency, and length to start off.
Social Issue Essay Topics for a Great Paper
Sociology is, without a doubt, a fascinating subject, especially if you're lucky enough to get a progressive-thinking professor. You learn about the world and people, debate on various topics and issues. It can get pretty exciting, but sometimes this joy is dulled by the assignment to write an essay. It's one thing to answer in class. Your thoughts flow calmly, and it is easier to express yourself when you're looking your interlocutor in the eyes. On the other hand, with a written essay you have more time to prepare and build your arguments. You can't take back the words you say out loud, but you can throw away the words you write. When you receive a task to write an essay on a social issue, you are given an opportunity to open an exciting discourse. You also get a nice chance to dig more into research! There are a lot of social topics to write about. We are here to help you pick one, and give you some basic tips on how to write a good social issues essay.
Writing an Essay on Social Issues
There are a few main things you need to know before you even start picking social issues essay topics. There are some essential things that you need to know in order to write up an excellent essay.
First of all, your essay is supposed to address a certain social, psychological or anthropological issue. For starters, this issue needs to be thoroughly researched and analyzed. Be patient and inquisitive. You must gather as much information as possible; otherwise, you risk not understanding your social issue essay topic and failing.
You are not just describing something, you are analyzing and even dissecting it. Don't be afraid to challenge your professor's thoughts or established sociological theories. Also, a few mistakes have to be made in order for the progress to occur, and everything has to be questioned for the answers to appear.
Use everything you know to show your understanding of the world, and bring out good old philosophical theories. When you write a social issue essay, it is important to show your personal view of the problem. On top of that, if you propose a solution you think could improve the situation you're writing about, it will be a huge plus. Don't be afraid to speak up: your reason for writing is the wish to change something. Otherwise, you probably wouldn't even be taking this class.
The structure of the social issue essay is virtually the same as that of any essay. You state your thesis in the introduction. Then elaborate on it in the main body by bringing arguments and evidence to the light. And then, wrap it up nicely in the conclusion with a pretentious final sentence. The difference, though, is that in the social issue essay you have to elaborate more on the real-life occurrences of the problems you're talking about. Be sure to include statistics, quotes from experts, and your own opinion as the person who is living in the society in which these issues are happening.
Don't worry about the originality. This kind of essay requires you to bring in as many sources as you can. Quote without fear! You are building a picture of a social problem, and you need to bring up every possible side of the story. Think of it like this: you are composing a paper that will be enough for someone to understand the problem on which you spent hours reading different sources. You need to break the issue down and build it all up again to make it more accessible to the general public.
It would play in your favor if you decided to compare the issue and its characteristics in your country to the same thing in other countries. How is it similar or different? How do people deal with it? Do other nations deal with the problem better than yours? Explore and analyze!
When choosing your social problems topic, remember that it's always better to write about something you're already more or less familiar with. If you're lucky enough to be given a choice, analyze all the offered social issues topics, eliminate everything you're not interested in, take the one which has the most material to research, and roll with it!
List of Social Issues Essay Topics
Now that the basic tips on writing a good social issues essay are all laid out, it is time for social issues topic list. We've gathered interesting topics you can write on, and put them into subcategories.
- Human and Civil Rights
- Why do Caucasian Americans are treated a lot better than foreigners with American citizenship?
- Miranda Warning is outdated and needs revising.
- The concept of human rights and their violation in different sections of the population.
- The effect of terrorism on democracy and civil liberty.
- Should the death penalty be prohibited?
- The ways in which forced house eviction is a major violation of human rights.
- How a corporate policy can affect workers' mental health.
- Is the justice still real in our country?
- Is the surveillance a necessity or a violation of civil rights?
- How and why are women's human rights violated and put aside?
- The police - the force of help or privileged abusers?
- Modern labor rights.
- "Stop-and-frisk" as the major violation of civil and human rights.
- Discrimination and Prejudice
- The problem of discrimination - do the existing policies adequately protect people?
- Ableism as a normalized form of discrimination.
- What makes some men treat women as inferior?
- Workplace discrimination in our society.
- Different working and studying conditions for men and women in third world countries.
- Racial prejudice in housing and employment cases.
- White privilege as the bane of POC existence.
- Gender Identity and High-school bathrooms.
- The Reverse Discrimination - myth or reality?
- Skinheads and Neo-Nazis as the manifestation of racist upbringing.
- Proof that people aren't born with discriminative traits - it is the impact of the society.
- Effects that discrimination and prejudice have on our mental health.
- Is total equality a plausible future or a utopian dream?
- Economic Issues
- The dynamics between the wealthy and poor individuals of every society.
- Is the society to blame for POC poverty?
- The discourse of New Consumerism.
- The connection between illegal immigration and the economy of the US.
- Unemployment as the direct consequence of economic recession.
- Is globalization a good evolutionary phenomenon, or does it have downsides?
- The linkage between economic development and global warming.
- The ever-growing population of homeless mothers.
- Can the smart governing resolve the problem of homelessness, or is it up to communities?
- Economical issues of developing countries, and their connection to the US economy.
- Capitalism as the destructive force.
- Fundraisers - real charities or money laundering?
- An impact of bullying in anxiety development in teenagers.
- Educational system - should it be flexible to accommodate the changing of times or is it wiser to maintain the "old-times" standards?
- Child abuse as one of the most pressing issues of the modern society.
- Child labor - it's not only a distant problem of developing countries, but it is also happening near us.
- The destructive system of high-school hierarchy: a discourse of "nerds" and "jocks."
- Mandatory uniform as the means to wipe out children's identity.
- The irresponsibility of the majority of foster houses and the flaws of child services.
- Racial discrimination in kindergartens.
- The mistreatment of autistic children in elementary school.
- Lack of SexEd in high-schools as the reason of high teen pregnancy index.
- Social media as a new form of child-bullying.
- The vaccine controversy: should the immunization be mandatory?
- The impact of television on infant child development.
- Gun control - the issue whose resolvement is long overdue.
- The correlation between child abuse and adult crime level.
- Violent movies aren't the problem - unstable people are.
- Police brutality as a form of oppression.
- The phenomenon of the victims of domestic violence being unable to leave their abuser.
- Ex-cons rehabilitation - cases of success and failure.
- Social media and suicide.
- Cases of workplace violence as the consequence of overworking.
- Why women being wary of blind dating is a justified occurrence.
- Dating violence among college students.
- High-school shootings as manifestations of child maltreatment.
- Background and reasons of employee riots.
- Illiteracy as the principle of hate crimes.
- Peace and War
- The psychological impact of war on children.
- A world in peace - is it real, or is it just a fantasy?
- Political nature of majority of modern wars.
- Can the peace exist without war, and vice versa.
- Disarmament - vulnerability or peacefulness?
- Genocide is still a problem that should not be ignored.
- War crimes: it's all about perception.
- Pacifism - a weakness or a philosophy?
- War coverage on TV as the reason of increasing of mental hostility.
- Informational war as the eternal partner of warfare.
- The policies of countries who maintain neutrality at wartime.
- Ethics of war - is such a surreal concept even appropriate?
- Peace education - why is it rarer than shooting classes?
- Migration and Immigration
- Black emigration movement.
- Latin American immigrants and their rights in the US.
- Green card - a privilege or a necessity?
- Low-rate employment of immigrants - stereotyping human lives.
- The discourse of immigrant discrimination.
- Forced migration - whose fault is it?
- Deportation as an inhumane act of the US dominance.
- Better Life or Condemnation - what immigrating foreigners should expect.
- The correlation between immigrant unemployment and racism towards foreigners.
- The statistics of people moving to other countries because of presented opportunities and out of necessity.
- Palestinian refugees - how they should be treated by the by State Migration Services and how things really are.
- Illegal immigration - whats, whys, and whos.
- The flaws of US immigration policies.
- Addiction and Substance Abuse
- 12-step programs - why they should be mandatory even for minor offenses.
- Drug abuse and its impact as a major social issue.
- Societal impact on teenage smoking.
- The significane of Tobacco control laws.
- Drunk driving as the bane of modern existence.
- Drug abuse during pregnancy - people are to blame or is it an educational system's fault?
- Gambling addiction as an artificially developed issue.
- Heroin as the world's dominating drug.
- The correlation between globalization and the rise in substance abuse rates.
- Why do college students start smoking?
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) as one of the dozens needed organizations.
- Marijuana - medicine for some, the road to the grave for others.
- The rates of teenagers addicted to methamphetamine as the sign of our society disintegrating.
Writing a social issue essay can be excellent practice for your analyzing as well as researching skills. It takes a lot of time and effort so don't put it off for too long. We all know what happens when you procrastinate - sleepless nights, headache, and, eventually, a failed class! You wouldn't want to see that outcome, would you? That's why we'd like to propose an excellent solution - our professional social issue essay writing service. Our expert paper constructors will do all the digging and building. You won't have to worry about a thing because we exist to help you out. Just send in your order - and leave this piece of philosophical writing to us.back to all posts
More than 176 testimonials from clients make up a 9.6/10 rate of success, making our organization one of the best in the industry.
- Customer #6521
"Thank you for my A! Still can't believe it! Will get your help again cuz have a tight schedule at work."
- Customer #6477
"Thank god I know about this service! You save me all the time, and it seems that there's nothing you can't deal with! P.S. got an "A" for your lab report, nice!"
- Customer #6441
"Biology for me is really difficult. For real, I just cannot get even a half of the info our professor gives, all those assignments got my GPA real low. Thanks to this service for writing essays for me, it helps a lot."
- Customer #4678
"The essay was just on time. Thank you for good services and friendly support. Every assignment you complete is a surprise, the writing quality is always high and I never needed a single revision. I am happy that I found you one day and I'll order again, as long as I keep studying!"
- Customer #4568
"I am amazed by your friendly approach to every client. I love all features, nice messaging system and logical account options. I am very happy with your customer service and will use you again."
- Customer #2390
"I ordered several essays with you and each was very good. As long as I am getting good grades, I will be your customer) I appreciate that your writers try to find the best references to support the research."