40 Presentations Topics to Grab the Attention
Being the best way to deliver your message to the audience, a PowerPoint or Prezi presentation should be supported by the author's speech to make the audience take the same position regarding the topic under discussion. Hence, using visual elements and a specific tone of voice should be the two most powerful weapons in the arsenal of any student.
It all begins with planning. The student should know how to approach the selected presentation idea and which subtopics to cover. The primary goal is to catch the reader's eye, which is why it should follow a logical order, as well as ensure flow and clarity. Keep in mind that it is not that easy to organize everything you know about X, Y, and Z into a concise, to-the-point, and articulate package.
So, what steps should one follow to do the task? Experts recommend following a particular order when working on a speech with the presentation:
1. Brainstorm ideas for presentation topics.
Search for the recently discussed themes on the Web. Pick a debatable problem that matters to your community to make the audience want to study your presentation. Selecting topics to talk about is the most challenging step, and unless your teacher assigns you a specific problem, you should analyze different credible sources of information to discover the most relevant one.
2. Collect the sources.
Search the Internet and your college library for books, magazines, journals, specific scholarly articles, and videos that can help you come up with new ideas. Make sure to use quotes from these sources to support your main argument.
3. Develop an outline for the project.
This blueprint will highlight the main points of your subject matter, making it easier to follow the flow of thoughts. You should, therefore, divide the project into the introduction, body, and conclusion, thus achieving a typical essay outline.
4. Write the text part.
After outlining, start writing the text. Then, check it for plagiarism, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting errors, as those are the essential elements of the grading rubric. Also, keep in mind that the content should be relevant and exciting.
5. Come up with a speech.
Reduce everything you have written to a single page. Highlight all the essential points in your writing and try to make a summary out of them. Use bullet-point lists to make the process simpler.
6. Create a PowerPoint presentation.
Based on your speech, develop a captivating presentation by cutting down on the already stripped-down amount of text. Remember to focus more on the visual elements of your slides, such as graphs, images, and tables, and less on the text. Do not forget to add an explanation to each image you used in the so-called appendices section and provide references to everything taken from the primary sources on the last slide.
Interesting Presentation Topics for You to Consider
Choosing specific ideas to discuss is half the battle. Once you are done selecting a title, think about implementing topics by exercising an original approach to problem-solving. If you do not have enough time to search for the subject on your own, you will probably find the below list of good presentation topic ideas useful.
Persuasive Presentation Topics
- Listening to music during the learning process is beneficial.
- Black Friday sales should not be allowed on Thanksgiving.
- E-Books are more effective than traditional books.
- Tipping in restaurants should not be mandatory.
- Puerto Rico has all the rights to become the 51st state of the USA.
- Pros and cons of making voting compulsory.
- Public prayers should be banned in schools.
- Human cloning: ethical aspects.
- Assisted suicide is not legal by any means.
- The best president in the history of the United States.
Informative Presentation Topics
- Changing a flat tire.
- The influence of incentives on staff performance.
- Car driving safety hints.
- Writing the descriptive essay step-by-step.
- The significance of education for the country's economy.
- The Internet as a type of classroom aide.
- The history of taxation in the United States.
- The moral aspects of hunting.
- The difference between male and female football.
- Favorite Marvel superhero.
5 Minute Presentation Topics
- Cooking a mushroom soup.
- Bike-riding safety rules.
- The best gifts for St. Valentine's.
- Top exotic fruits.
- 5 reasons to have many friends.
- Writing the definition paper.
- Benefits of higher education.
- Morning physical exercises.
- Secrets of successful everyday makeup.
- The best types of sports to help you stay in good shape.
Funny Presentation Topics
- Parking & coffee as part of a college tuition fee.
- Reasons why my boss and I should swap places.
- Save paper towels to save the forests.
- Females should not have a sense of humor for genetic reasons.
- Pick-up lines that make everyone laugh.
- Reasons why people think that blondes are stupid.
- Reincarnation is a proven fact.
- Narrow down options to make a choice simpler.
- Keep your parents off Facebook and other social networks.
- Donating locks: benefits you can get.
Quite an impressive list, isn't it? These 40 presentation topics are just the thing for you if you have troubles picking an inspiring topic for your presentation and speech.
Is picking a topic still a challenge for you? How about writing a paper and preparing a presentation at the same time? Sounds pretty intimidating, doesn't it? Luckily, there is a way out. Our team of experienced writers and editors can take on as many complicated tasks as your teacher can give you, and it doesn't matter to them how tight the deadline is. Just let us know what it is exactly you need by filling out an order form, and your paper won't keep itself waiting. So, what are you waiting for? Place your order now!