Choose the type, level, urgency, and length to start off.
20 Observation Essay Topics - Where to Start?
Typically, these topics are used when your teacher decides to put your observational skills to the test. Choosing a problem you understand is very crucial in such a situation, as it should project your personal point of view connected to sufficient facts understandable to the reader. It may be quite a challenging task for some students to address as it is not easy to just write an astounding essay with these goals in mind. This is the reason why choosing a topic subject requires careful evaluation, sound judgment, and a lot of effort above all. In fact, you should keep front and center when it comes to this kind of assignment.
A better example can serve you right. Imagine that you are in charge of a warehouse, in a company where goods, like, for example, apples, are stored, and you are responsible for all activities that happen on a daily basis in the warehouse. At the end of your shift, you have to give a report of every little thing you observed or saw happening around you in the warehouse during the day.
Furthermore, it is essential to learn how to write or jot down the ideas, because some people have trouble meeting the requirements, the deadlines, or just recording a sighting. Say, a group of students observed a series of events during their practice session. Afterward, they are required to write a report or an observation essay about what they saw, step by step.
In fact, the majority of students would falter at this task, unsure as to how to proceed. First of all, there is nothing wrong with planning, but be careful and don't overdo it. Sure, you have to plot your assignment, its structure at the least, to make it work. Is writing out every single detail in your essay really needed, though? Writing an observation essay ought to be more or less like writing a short story - spontaneous and self-generated, growing with ease. Don't overthink it. Come up with a simple outline, and then allow your thoughts to take their own course.
Let us give you some more structured tips!
- You need to really pay attention during the first stage - the observations themselves. Examine how everything works. Note down all the details you deem necessary to include in your writing. Structure and organize your notes to make it easier to navigate them later on.
- The essay starts with an introduction, that is the first paragraph. Describe why you selected a certain subject or topic, what you managed to observe, and where exactly it happened. Make sure a thesis statement is placed at the end of the introduction paragraph.
- Write the body of the observation essay, where all the main points and ideas are clearly explained. The jotted notes should be arranged in proper order. Everything narrated should be in the present tense and not the past tense. All the data should be precisely detailed so that the audience feel as though they were present at the scene where an event happened.
- In the end, you have to summarise what you saw, which means you have to give your opinion about your observation by simply explaining everything and connect all the dots for the reader to understand.
- Go through your essay, check and correct your spellings, grammar, and punctuation errors, and also make sure you convey your information in the right tenses. The narrative should be in a linear progression, going from the strong points to the weak ones.
To show the ability to be observant of something, a student needs to pick a good topic. You are supposed to have a point of view relevant to the subject you have selected, be it scenarios, pets, places, or travels. However, below are some examples of observation topics you may find helpful:
- That time I bumped into my favorite artist.
- Describe the treatment you received on your first day at school.
- What was the worst experience you ever observed?
- In your opinion, what is the impact of social media like Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram on teenagers?
- How was your first time at the zoo?
- How do people behave at the circus or fares?
- Why is tolerance very crucial in our society?
- What are the advantages of living together in harmony, how to make it possible?
- Explain some of the superstitious beliefs and how they affect people's lives.
- What is the hardest challenge you have been put through that took you a lot of effort to handle?
- Write about a city you have been to and will never forget the visit.
- The road accident that almost took the life of my best friend.
- A novel you enjoy reading over and over again without getting bored of it.
- Your first time at the beach during the summer vacation.
- The best gift you ever received from your parents on Christmas.
- The longest road trip with your family.
- My first ever concert event.
- The first time I drove a car.
- A day I will never forget because of its incredible impression.
- The best summer camp I've ever been to.
These are a few topics among many others you can use to master your writing skills. Sometimes, students still find it hard to write an observational essay and prefer our professional writers to write for them. Feel free to contact us any time!back to all posts
More than 120 testimonials from clients make up a 4.8/5 rate of success, making our organization one of the best in the industry.
- Customer #7106
"I'm lazy. Yep, it's as easy as that. I love studying, and I do my fair share of grinding, but I can't bring myself to care about assignments and everything that comes with them. And here's your cue! You always get me out of the deadline swamp, so I'm really grateful."
- Customer #6600
"It was a torture to see my daughter spending sleepless nights over so many college papers. So I decided to help her purchase her first paper from WiseEssays. Now she regularly orders from you. And I can see that she has become much more effective as a student. Thanks for excellent services."
- Customer #5378
"I use specific writing style and need it to be followed since my tutor can guess if the paper was done by me. Your writers are very smart and experienced. I sent you only one paper I wrote as an example and each essay you write for me fits in with my style. Great!"
- Customer #4912
"My book report was well written, covered main points. Thank you for on time delivery and professional support. Your staff is always nice and attentive. I will use you again for my term paper."
- Customer #2996
"My coursework matched all my instructions and deadline. I liked the way your writer cooperated with me and covered the topic. Complete and thorough research was made to meet all the requirements. Thank you for this great work."
- Customer #2574
"Quality was ok. I really expected something more but still paper received a positive grade and I am satisfied with it."