Choose the type, level, urgency, and length to start off.
Best Observation Essay Topics for Students
Typically, you can use these observation essay topics when your professor decides to put your empirical skills to the test. Choosing a problem you understand is crucial in such a situation, as it should project your point of view connected to sufficient facts intelligible to the reader. It may be quite a challenge for students because it's tricky to write an astounding essay with those goals in mind. That's why choosing a topic subject requires careful evaluation, sound judgment, and a lot of effort above all. You should keep it front and center when it comes to this assignment.
A better example will serve you right. Imagine that you are in charge of a warehouse, in a company where they store goods like apples, and you are responsible for all activities that happen in the warehouse daily. At the end of your shift, you have to report every little thing you observed or saw happening around you in the warehouse during the day.
Furthermore, it is essential to learn how to write or jot down the ideas because some people have trouble meeting the requirements and deadlines or just recording a sighting. Say, a group of students observed a series of events during their practice session. Afterward, they must write a report or an observation essay about what they saw step by step.
The majority of students would falter at this task, unsure how to proceed. First, there is nothing wrong with planning, but be careful and don't overdo it. Sure, you have to plot your assignment, its structure at the least, to make it work. But, is reproducing every single detail in your essay really needed? Writing an observation essay ought to be more or less like composing a short story: spontaneous, self-generated, and growing with ease. So, don't overthink it. Come up with a simple outline and then allow your thoughts to take their course.
Let us give you some more structure tips!
- Be watchful during the first stage, the observations, to examine how everything ticks. Note down all the details you deem necessary to include in your writing. Organize your notes to make it easier to navigate them later.
- Start the essay with an introduction, the first paragraph. Describe why you selected the subject or topic, what you managed to observe, and where exactly it happened. Make sure to place your thesis statement at the end of the introduction paragraph.
- Write the body of the observation essay, where all the main points and ideas are explained clearly. You should arrange the previously jotted notes in proper order. Everything narrated should be in the present and not the past tense. All the data must be detailed precisely so that the audience feel as though they were present at the scene where the event happened.
- Summarise what you saw at the end. Give your opinion about your observation by explaining everything and connect all the dots for the reader.
- Go through your essay, check and correct your spellings, grammar, and punctuation, and make sure you convey the information in the right tense. The narrative should be in a linear progression, going from the strong points to the weak ones.
List of Topic Examples for an Observation Essay
To show the ability to be observant, the student needs to pick a good topic. You are supposed to have a point of view relevant to the subject you have selected, be it scenarios, pets, places, or trips. However, below are some examples of observation topics you may find helpful:
- That time I bumped into my favorite artist.
- Describe the treatment you received on your first day at high school.
- What was the most dramatic scene you ever observed?
- The impact of social media like Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram you have witnessed.
- Describe your first time at the zoo.
- How do people behave at science fairs?
- Why is tolerance essential in our society?
- What are the advantages of living in harmony, how to make it possible?
- Explain some of the superstitious beliefs and how they affect people's lives.
- What is the hardest challenge you have been through that took you a lot of effort to handle?
- Write about a city you have been to and will never forget the visit.
- The road accident that almost took the life of my best friend.
- A novel you enjoy reading over and over again without getting bored of it.
- Your first time at the beach during the summer vacation.
- The best gift you ever received from your parents or friends at Christmas.
- The longest road trip with your family.
- My first ever rock concert.
- The first time I drove a car.
- The day I will never forget.
- The best summer camp I've ever been to.
These are a few observation paper ideas among many others you can use to master your writing skills. Sometimes, students still find it hard to write an essay and prefer our professional writers to do it for them. Feel free to contact us at any time!back to all posts
- 5 Paragraph Essay Rubric: Guide for Easy Grading of Academic Papers
- Problem Solution Essay on Bullying Outline - Writing Examples
- How to Write a Literary Essay Analysis
- How to Write a Scholarship Essay: Winning Writing Guide with Tips and Examples
- Problem Solution Essay Outline — Step-by-Step Writing Instructions
More than 176 testimonials from clients make up a 9.6/10 rate of success, making our organization one of the best in the industry.
- Customer #6723
"Was in doubt whether I should order my thesis here, but you guys have really surprised me! Overlooked some formatting imperfections because I'd defended it successfully! Thanks!"
- Customer #6671
"Had to ask for two revisions of my case study but overall I'm satisfied with it. Earned me a B+, and that's more than enough for me."
- Customer #6085
"I am so grateful to you people! I hate math but I have it as my compulsory freshmen year class. If it weren't for you, I would've failed it long ago, but you always help me out flawlessly!"
- Customer #4678
"The essay was just on time. Thank you for good services and friendly support. Every assignment you complete is a surprise, the writing quality is always high and I never needed a single revision. I am happy that I found you one day and I'll order again, as long as I keep studying!"
- Customer #2574
"Quality was ok. I really expected something more but still paper received a positive grade and I am satisfied with it."
- Customer #2488
"Thank you a lot for a well-researched analytical paper. I am very satisfied with your writing standards and will order more for sure."