Choose the type, level, urgency, and length to start off.
Writing a Harvard Supplemental Essay? - Nothing to It!
In this article, we'll be looking at a somewhat rare and yet compulsory essay format which you'll have to deal with if you ever get it in your head to enter Harvard University. In fact, there's no particular format for Harvard supplemental essays. Yet, there are certain things you'll need to keep in mind when working on this important document. What makes this information particularly noteworthy is the fact that tips and hints on how to write such essays are not easy to come by these days. No wonder then that very few people need such kind of advice, since only a few even dare to contemplate entering Harvard. But if getting into Harvard is what you genuinely want to achieve, then you need to know how to write an impressive supplemental essay. To help you realize your ambition, we have come up with a few helpful hints that will make your job a lot easier.
When applying to Harvard University, you will be required to submit a Harvard application essay or rather several different essays. You'll be provided with the topics and formatting requirements for all of the essays except for one, which is considered optional (we bet you already know which one it is). Technically speaking, you may not submit it at all, but it is strongly advised that you do, because that way, your chances of making it to Harvard increase dramatically. This is precisely why you should work really hard on this essay. In fact, you need to grind harder than with any other essay on your list. Make it your number one priority!
Some of our readers may ask: "Why does Harvard have supplemental essays?". Actually, the purpose of this paper is to give applicants the opportunity to provide some important information about them which has not been stated in other essays they have submitted. This essay is also your chance to stand out from the crowd and let the evaluation board know about what makes you just the right candidate for being admitted to such a prestigious educational institution. Therefore, it is really important that you write a remarkably good essay that will impress members of the Harvard Admission Board and make them want to choose you over hundreds of other applicants.
Harvard supplemental essays 2018
Are there any peculiarities of writing supplemental essays in 2018? Frankly speaking, the requirements are no different from Harvard supplemental essays 2017. In other words, there are no particular requirements, but there are certain recommendations, which you need to follow in order to write a really good essay.
- Although there is no set Harvard supplemental essay word limit, you should do your best to keep it reasonably short. Anywhere between 500 and 700 words would be just the right length for a paper like this.
- Make it unique. Be careful as to not write about something you have already written about in any of your other essays.
- Surprise them. You must realize that dozens of other people will whip out all their skills to impress the committee, so dedicate some time to go through forums, talk to your peers, fish for information. Include something nobody else would even think of!
Make sure that your essay meets the Harvard University mission by showing:
- In which way you are unique.
- That you are not merely highly motivated and outstandingly professional. There is something very special about you that makes you the perfect candidate.
- That you are a proactive leader, who cares for other people.
- How you take part in community life.
- How you use your professional skills to help your community.
- How entering Harvard will make it possible for you to serve the wellbeing of your region and, maybe, humanity at large.
Some other Harvard supplemental essay prompts
What makes this type of essay special is the freedom of expression it provides you with. You should definitely take advantage of it, thus making your essay very impressive. Keep in mind that members of the admission board have to read way too many essays, so you should make yours the one to remember by grabbing their attention and showing your motivation. It is a good idea to start writing your essay well in advance and then, once it is finished, let it 'rest' for a while before proofreading it yourself or having someone else look at it for you. Then, you should revise it again and show the final product to your other acquaintances. Ask them for their input, let them tell you how they feel about it.
Another good idea is to have professional writers proofread your paper for you. Please, keep in mind that our experts will be able not only to proofread or edit your Harvard supplemental essay but also write it completely from scratch. That way, your essay is going to be 100% unique and produce a lasting impression on your readers. Our expert academic writers have vast experience dealing with Harvard supplemental essays. Since this is your only opportunity to enter the university of your dream, choosing this option may prove to be the best solution. You may contact our support team in case you have any questions, and they will be happy to provide you with any academic writing help you need.back to all posts