Choose the type, level, urgency, and length to start off.
5 Paragraph Essay Topics — Best Ideas to Write a College Essay
Writing can be exciting but challenging. Depending on the type of assignment, the level of creativity involved will vary, but it will still require some effort to come up with high-quality essays. The higher your educational level, the more advanced your writing is expected to be. But regardless of the assignment type, a common approach to keeping its structure simple and coherent is the use of a five-paragraph strategy.
In our guide, we'll recall the basics of this writing structure, but our main focus will be placed on the 5 paragraph essay topics. To prepare a top-notch school assignment, it is important to understand what your subject matter is. Do you know how to study it appropriately and organize all the information into the paragraphs? But, if you don't know what the main issue of your essay writing is, the odds will be against you. Here, you will get relevant ideas for fiveparagraph essay topics for your middle school or high school academic writings.
Now let's look at the definition for five paragraph essay as earlier mentioned. This paper refers to the writing assignment organized in such a way that it consists of only five paragraphs. Typically, those sections are:
- The introductory paragraph,
- The first paragraph of the body
- The second body paragraph
- The third (last) body paragraph
- The concluding paragraph
There are five sections listed above, which clearly conveys the idea of what the structure of our paper needs to be. You can work on a persuasive essay, descriptive assignment, cause-effect paper, or any other type of school project. But the thing affecting the content of your writing the most is its topic. That's why we are going to provide you with extensive lists of topics for college and school students.
Good Topics for Five Paragraph Essay
In this section, we will be looking at topics for 5 paragraph essay. The subject matter of your own writing may convey different aspects of our lives:
- Personal experiences and preferences
- Family life
- Environmental safety
- Conservation of plants and animals
- Space travel and exploration
- History of people and institutions, and many others.
The topics can also be grouped based on the field of knowledge (sociology, physics, biology, chemistry, history, etc.).
In the world of academia, professors usually ask students to prepare writing on a specific issue. But there's also another option. In that case, you should formulate a relevant 5 paragraph essay topic that will interest the reader and let you divide the study into five coherent sections.
Whenever such freedom of choice is given to students, it can present — to put it figuratively — a double-edged sword. On the positive side, it allows those students who aren't interested in the specific topic or list of topics given to come up with their own preferred subject. Such an absence of constraint can feel very exciting and enabling for students. On the negative side, it can lead to unpleasant situations. Sometimes, students struggle or take too long to settle with a topic that will let them cover all the needed points and present their skills and competence. Frequently, the vast possibilities of 5 paragraph essay topics causing students some confusion on which would be the 'best' to choose. In the end, students become spoiled for choice!
When given such liberty, you should consider the following factors to help you quickly figure out what writing topics you prefer. They are listed in no order of importance.
- Your level of personal interest in a topic.
- Your awareness of a topic.
- The time given for doing the assignment.
- The availability of and ease of access to the necessary materials.
How you make use of the above factors would be ultimately dependent on your specific situation. Furthermore, such freedom of generating your own topic is never to be used without care. Always make sure to run your self-chosen subject matter by your professor. If you fail to do so, you may end up writing an essay on an unacceptable topic. So, asking questions is better than just hoping for the best.
Back to the issue of topic ideas, look through the lists below. There, we've gathered 24 interesting prompts relevant to different academic levels.
5 Paragraph Essay Topics for High School — A Dozen Options
Just beneath the tertiary level of education (college, university), high school is the highest level of secondary education. This section presents a list of 5 paragraph essay topics for high school. They are as follows:
- Affirmative action in action: Should race instead of merit-based achievements of applicants be given more weight for the admission committee of elite universities?
- Starting adult life with alcohol: Should the minimum age of drinking be reduced to 18 years in your country?
- What is the most bizarre thing you ever saw as a teenager? Write an essay about the experience and circumstances of it.
- In many western societies, marriage is typically a union between a man and a woman. Do you believe that is normal, or would polygamy be an alternative? Write an essay arguing about your viewpoint.
- Economic inequality is a universal issue around the world. In your country or state, what are the biggest factors perpetuating it, and what are possible ways to significantly reduce it?
- Due to the dysfunctionalities in families, affected children grow up without traditional and stable family relationships. What are some underlying causes, and how can such instabilities affect the academic life of the involved children?
- What is the most unpleasant experience you had in your childhood years? Write a narrative essay about it.
- Gun control: Should guns be made legally inaccessible to individuals without a strong background check for psychological issues and previous misuse?
- Write an expository essay on the key contribution of Blaise Pascal to the mathematical topic of Probability.
- Building a prosperous future: Does it really matter what college or university a student attends, regardless of what they study? Do personal qualities play a more pivotal role in future career success?
- Being your brother's keeper: Are local neighborhood vigilantes more effective in preventing crimes and protecting lives and property more than the police?
- Coming to terms with primordial human nature: Teens should be able to attend sex education classes in schools. Do you agree with that statement?
If you find any of those topics interesting, you can dwell on it in your essay. Or, use one of the statements above to formulate an original idea that will be the focus of your writing.
5 Paragraph Essay Topics for Middle School — Twelve Ideas
Middle school is just a level beneath the high school. Here, we present a list of 5 paragraph essay topics for this educational stage.
- Have you ever visited a zoo or seen wild animals? Write a narrative essay about your experience.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Read the first three chapters of the novel by J.K. Rowling and write a critical essay based on it.
- Living close to school. Are there any sizeable benefits to living near your school? What negative consequences may result from such proximity?
- Read the first 2 chapters of the novel Matilda written by Roald Dahl. Write a response essay on the chapters.
- Getting too early in the family way. Teenage pregnancies are a societal problem where they are prevalent. What are the consequences of having such an early sojourn into parental life?
- There are arguments made in some societies in defense of the view that teenage pregnancies are not absurd from a natural standpoint. Do you agree with that understanding? Why or why not?
- Teen boyfriends and girlfriends: Should teenagers be allowed by their parents to go into relationships with the opposite sex?
- Working as a minor. Are children who are subjected to work as minors or even of their own choice have a better chance to be financially successful as adults than those who are not?
- What are some of your favorite childhood memories? Write a narrative essay on one of them.
- The more the merrier (or is it): Do large nuclear families have healthier functional family dynamics and happiness than smaller ones with only a few children?
- Life in foster care. Is it healthy for children to move from one foster home to another while going through school?
- Pulling the bullies. Should bullied kids stand up to their bullies by fighting back and verbally responding to insults as opposed to being calm and enduring the emotional and physical torture from them?
There you have them! Hopefully, at this time, you — after reading our guide — you have a strong idea about what topic to write on for your 5 paragraph essay. What's more? Looking for any assistance with writing your essay or any other academic work such as research reports, term papers, and so on? You should contact us as early as possible. With a strong track record and operating history, we're sure you will be thrilled with the quality of our custom papers. Our writers are carefully selected for their experience, skills, and professionalism. We always look forward to making a significant impact on your academic results.back to all posts
- 5 Paragraph Essay Template — Writing an Outline with Five Sections
- 5 Paragraph Essay Topics — Best Ideas to Write a College Essay
- Natural Selection Essay Guide — Charles Darwin's Evolution Theory Essay
- Informative Essay Topics — 60 Prompts for School and College
- Truth Essay Guide — Importance of a Truth Today
More than 176 testimonials from clients make up a 9.6/10 rate of success, making our organization one of the best in the industry.
- Customer #7200
"I'm dreaming about the day when PowerPoint Presentations become vestiges from the past! I didn't have time to put it all together for my History assignment, so I asked you - and you dealt with it expertly! Thank you for my A+!"
- Customer #6671
"Had to ask for two revisions of my case study but overall I'm satisfied with it. Earned me a B+, and that's more than enough for me."
- Customer #6588
"Can’t tell how glad I am. I had to write five pages in just 6 hours. I would never have done it myself. And I knew nobody who could help me out. Honestly, I could not believe it was possible in first place. But I did a quick search on the web and found you. You did a great job, thank you!"
- Customer #6477
"Thank god I know about this service! You save me all the time, and it seems that there's nothing you can't deal with! P.S. got an "A" for your lab report, nice!"
- Customer #6441
"Biology for me is really difficult. For real, I just cannot get even a half of the info our professor gives, all those assignments got my GPA real low. Thanks to this service for writing essays for me, it helps a lot."
- Customer #3228
"This is my last year and each assignment is very important to me. I like the way you treat your clients and their needs. My deadlines are met, revisions are done, papers are graded. I am happy I should admit)"