Choose the type, level, urgency, and length to start off.
5 Paragraph Essay Template — Writing an Outline with Five Sections
What is the purpose of a good 5 paragraph essay template? In academic writing, if we consider every major element a paragraph, essay structure will consist of five of those — that's simple. But even if you understand everything about the five-paragraph essay structure, a template is needed to make sure your theoretical knowledge corresponds with its practical application and can be arranged into logical text. That's why we have asked our professional academic writers to work out a detailed example. It will provide students with a sense of what a five paragraph essay template is and how to use it appropriately.
5 Paragraph Essay Template Example
But how to prepare this template for a five-paragraph assignment? Here, we would like to take a closer look at each step you have to make. Below, you can find an explanation for each element of the template and some tips on how to deal with it well. Don't focus on a particular discipline or topic — we'll do that later. What we offer is a universal template, which will allow you to format any writing. Here it is:
- Your Introductory Paragraph
- A hook — catch your reader's attention with an impressive first sentence or interesting fact.
- Background information — inform the reader about the peculiarities of the topic.
- The thesis statement — emphasize a central idea and interest your audience with it.
- Introduce your arguments (optional) — overview the aspects you're going to discuss.
- Transition — make your intro flow smoothly into the main text.
- Idea 1
- Present an idea and mention how it influences the issue you're writing about.
- Provide evidence to support your thesis and the idea.
- Make an interconnection between sections.
- Idea 2
- Present your topic sentence and its relation to the topic.
- Support it with reliable evidence like facts, examples, etc.
- Make a transition to the next paragraph.
- Idea 3
- Choose your strategy — present another point or counter-point.
- Show its influence over your subject matter, but don't overdo with new information since it's the last paragraph here.
- Round up the text, so it's understandable that you're ready to make a conclusion.
- The Conclusion
- Summarize your arguments (optional).
- Make sure there are no unanswered questions.
- Make a final statement that explains your attitude to the main question (if any) or shows your main idea being relevant.
Now, let's apply these guidelines to the actual 5 paragraph academic essay template.
Topic: Why Should People Consider Zero-Waste Approach to life?
- Introduction. Our world is developed enough for people to take responsibility for the future of our planet and be reasonable consumers. It's time for the "Reduce—Reuse—Recycle" concept to be a part of our daily routine.
- Body Part.
- The amount of waste around is dramatically great, and not always the government can manage it well.
- We can improve the quality of our lives since there are a lot of emissions and environmental issues caused by our irresponsibility.
- A big part of all the waste are those things we don't need. We have to make our choices reasonably and understand that less is frequently more.
- Conclusion. Even a small contribution can make a difference. It's time to start going towards the Zero-Waste concept, even if that would be baby steps.
High School 5 Paragraph Essay Templates
Many students ask us whether there is a particular high school 5 paragraph essay template, which would be different from the general one. The answer is negative. There is no particular outline that would work for high school and would not be good for writing a college essay. Thus, consider the template we've cited above. You can easily use it for a standardized test of any academic level. All you need to do is to adjust the content of your paper in accordance with the studied materials and courses you attend.
If you're still facing difficulties or doubts concerning your 5-paragraph assignment's template, there is a great way of taking care of them all. You can always contact our support agents or leave us a message and cooperate with seasoned writers and editors on our platform. Here, we can find the best academic solutions for you!back to all posts
- College Essay Tips for Students - Guide on College Essay Crafting
- College Essay Topics — 70 Ideas for Creative Writing
- 5 Paragraph Essay Template — Writing an Outline with Five Sections
- 5 Paragraph Essay Topics — Best Ideas to Write a College Essay
- Natural Selection Essay Guide — Charles Darwin's Evolution Theory Essay
More than 176 testimonials from clients make up a 9.6/10 rate of success, making our organization one of the best in the industry.
- Customer #7379
"You made my essay completely refined! I've never thought there can be so many mistakes in my writings! You are real professionals, will request your editors' help more."
- Customer #5905
"Got an A for the calculus paper you did for me, I’ve never thought it could be this easy. I was wary of ordering something online, but you guys changed my mind. Received everything even before the deadline and went to sleep without any worries! You’re brilliant."
- Customer #5378
"I use specific writing style and need it to be followed since my tutor can guess if the paper was done by me. Your writers are very smart and experienced. I sent you only one paper I wrote as an example and each essay you write for me fits in with my style. Great!"
- Customer #4678
"The essay was just on time. Thank you for good services and friendly support. Every assignment you complete is a surprise, the writing quality is always high and I never needed a single revision. I am happy that I found you one day and I'll order again, as long as I keep studying!"
- Customer #3478
"The writer was very patient with all my requests and used the right sources. Even though I had to correct several mistakes, the research he made was very good with strong points and arguments. Thank you for this paper!"
- Customer #3228
"This is my last year and each assignment is very important to me. I like the way you treat your clients and their needs. My deadlines are met, revisions are done, papers are graded. I am happy I should admit)"